The application requirements for Forest Stewardship Plan or Forest Management Practice funding include:
- The applicant must be eligible for the USDA NRCS Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) program (see below).
- The project must be located within a Priority Funding Area.
- The minimum parcel size is five contiguous acres.
- It is preferred that a management practice project will impact at least five (5) acres of land (for example, a 5-acre planting or a deer fence that encloses five acres), but smaller projects may be accepted if the overall application receives a sufficient score.
- You cannot use the funding for orchard, ornamental, nursery or Christmas tree purposes.
- Governments are not eligible to apply.
Key EQIP eligibility requirements include:
- You are a producer engaged in livestock or agricultural production, including forestry, and/or are an owner of agricultural lands, nonindustrial private forest lands, or other lands on which agricultural products, livestock, or forest-related products are produced. Nonindustrial private forest land is rural land that has existing tree cover or is suitable for/capable of growing trees.
- You are an individual, legal entity, or joint operation with an interest in the land being enrolled.
- You are in compliance with the highly erodible land (HEL) and wetland conservation (Swampbuster) requirements of the 1985 Farm Bill, as amended in the 1990, 1996, and 2002 Farm Bills.
- You have not received, directly or indirectly, cost-share or incentive payments that in aggregate exceed $300,000 during the period of fiscal years 2008 through 2012.
- You do not exceed the adjusted gross income limitations (your average adjusted gross nonfarm income for the last three years must be less than $1 million, unless more than 66.66% of your average adjusted gross income comes from farming).
For the full list of EQIP eligibility requirements, please see the EQIP Eligibility Self-certification Form that should be submitted with your application for plan or practice funding.
EQIP Eligibility Self-certification Form
Entity Member Information Form